I love hake it is such a meaty fish and takes on flavours really well. It is a substainable fish too which is really good. This is a lightly spiced dish and it is really healthy and tasty to eat. I never get bored of lentils and I really enjoy jazzing them up with different things. When we are on our low calorie day this dinner is great and it doesnt feel like your cutting down as it is so filling. I got this recipe from delicious.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 2 x thick hake fillet’s
For the spiced puy lentils
- 200g Puy lentils
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 fat garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- splash of water
- Lemon juice, to taste
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7. Make the spiced lentils. Cook the lentils in a pan of simmering water for 20 minutes, or until tender (add 2 thirds of water above the lentil level and they will soak up all the water).
- After 15 minutes, mix 1 tbsp of olive oil for the fish with the curry powder. Brush all over the hake and season.
- Heat an ovenproof frying pan over a medium-high heat. Grease with a little oil and add the hake, meaty-side down. Fry for 2 minutes until light golden, turn over and transfer the pan to the oven. Roast for 5 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the lentils. Heat the oil in a clean pan. Add the onion, garlic, chilli and cumin, stir for a few minutes to often the onion and to fry off the spices. Once sizzling and aromatic, stir in the lentils a splash of hot water, until warmed through. Add lemon juice and seasoning to taste.
- Spoon onto warmed plates. Place the hake (skin removed) on top. Serve with the coriander. Enjoy.
7 Comments Add yours
Sounds very flavourful, love the seasoning and the combination of ingredients, sounds like a really healthy recipe 🙂
Looks like a yummy recipe 🙂
Thanks mistimaan 😊
LikeLiked by 1 person
Awww thanks elvirazone ❤️
Thank you for sharing recipe…
Also do not forget to visit, like and share for more such delicious recipes at sabkimaggi.com
Thanks I have checked out your site and getting loads of inspiration 😊🌶
LikeLiked by 1 person