Who doesn’t like a potato salad? The more in it the better for me and it is a great way to use up left over potatoes. This is filling and has really comforting flavours in it. Crispy bacon lovely roasted sweetcorn and sweet tomatoes. I never know whether the American’s or Germans invented it, but whoever did thank you.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 pack of pancetta or bacon lardons
- 8 boiled new potatoes
- 1 corn on the cob
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 4 gherkins, sliced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- small bag of baby salad leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey mustard (or dijon mixed with a tsp of honey)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- seasoning to taste
- Heat the grill to high. Rub butter all over the sweetcorn. Grill for a couple of minutes on each side until golden brown in places. Leave to cool.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat fry the pancetta or bacon lardons for a few minutes until they start to brown, once cooked leave to drain on kitchen paper.
- Slice the sweetcorn by standing it up and slicing downwards.
- Add the olive oil, vinegar, mustard and garlic to a jar. Shake or whisk well to combine set aside.
- Add all the salad ingredients including the sweetcorn and pancetta but not the salad leaves into a bowl. Toss to combine. Season to taste.
- Pour over the dressing and lightly toss again.
- Share the salad between 2 serving bowls, top with the potato salad and serve. Enjoy.