So the final part of my middle eastern meze is this marinated feta recipe. This dish was a stunner it was so tasty with the maneesh bread. You could also dip the bread in the leftover oil to finish. I definitely licked my fingers clean. It has all the delicious flavours you would expect salty, spicy and citrusy. I think feta can be a bit boring if you just add it to a salad. This recipe gave it really delicious make over.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 120g good quality feta cheese, cubed
- 40ml roast garlic oil, (or olive oil and a minced garlic clove)
- 100ml olive oil
- zest and juice of a lemon
- 5 jarred piquante peppers, roughly sliced
- forkful of pickled red onions, or a shallot finely sliced
- small bunch of coriander, chopped
- 1/4 of a preserved lemon, chopped
- cracked salt and pepper to taste (remember feta is quite salty)
- Add all the ingredients except the feta into a Tupperware box or bowl. Mix well to combine. I put the lid on and gave it a good shake. Taste and adjust any of the flavours to your liking.
- Add in the feta and give a light shake or stir to coat. Leave in the fridge for as long as possible even overnight if you can.
- Serve with the maneesh bread and aubergine dip. Enjoy.