If you saw my previous post I had made the middle eastern bread. All it needed now was some dips to go with it. I love the flavour of roasted aubergine, I have tried baba ganoush before, this dip is a bit more simple in flavour but it goes so well with freshly baked light bread. The other dip I made was marinated feta, I will post that recipe tomorrow.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 aubergine (aka eggplant)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- juice of a lime
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano and mint
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- pinch of chilli flakes
- small bunch parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC degrees. Pierce the aubergine a couple of times with a knife, then roast for 45 minutes until blackened, softened and collapsing. Leave to cool.
- Scoop the cooled insides from the aubergine into a bowl. Discard any excess liquid.
- Chop the aubergine flesh into small chunks and add to a bowl, mash with a fork so everything is combined.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning, if needed. Place in a dish. Serve with maneesh flatbreads.