This is so simple but really tasty. Sometimes I really enjoy a vegetarian lunch or dinner. I have always loved the flavours of florentine and this worked a treat. The goats cheese was much lighter than cheddar and the mushrooms were really juicy and soft. I might have to try it again with some different cheeses.
Ingredients (serves 2 as a starter or light lunch)
- 4 large portobello mushrooms, stalks removed
- drizzle of olive oil
- sea salt and fresh black pepper
- around 24 spinach leaves
- 4 slices of herb crusted soft goats cheese
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees (fan)
- Rub the mushrooms with olive oil and season with some salt and pepper.
- Place around 6 spinach leaves on each mushroom and then the goats cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the goats cheese starts to brown. Enjoy
One Comment Add yours
They look wonderful!