Ingredients (serves 2)
For the squash
- 1 small butternut squash, cut into large chunks
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 dried red chilli
- drizzle of oil
For the dressing
- 1/2 tbsp thyme, leaves only
- 2 tbsp good quality olive oil
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
For the salad
- small bad of baby salad leaves
- handful of toasted pecan nuts
- 4 slices of parma ham
- parmesan shavings
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees (fan). Grind the spice mixture for the squash.
- Drizzle the squash with olive oil and rub all over to coat. sprinkle over the spice mix and again rub all over to coat the squash pieces. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until cooked through.
- While squash cools, make the dressing by adding all of the ingredients into a jar or bowl and shake or whisk well to combine, set aside.
- Assemble the salad by sharing the salad leaves between 2 serving dishes. Add the pecans. Spoon out the squash flesh from the skins and roughly tear over the salad. Add the parma ham and parmesan shavings. Finish by spooning over the dressing. Enjoy.
One Comment Add yours
Looks and sounds very delicious!