So I am back after being away in Germany for a week during christmas, the market food was amazing. So it’s back to salads and healthy eating. I really enjoyed this salad as roasting the cauliflower adds a really nice depth of flavour and you get hidden textures and tastes from the walnuts, sultanas and capers.
For the salad
- 1 small cauliflower head, cut into small florets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt and pepper
- 65g bulgur (I use wholewheat)
- 12 walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 1 tbsp drained capers
- 2 handfuls of salad leaves
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic oil or 1 small clove minced
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp rosemary leaves only, finely chopped
- small pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius (fan). Prepare the cauliflower florets and place on an oven proof tray. Add the olive oil and salt and pepper and mix with your hands to combine. Back in the oven for 30 minutes until the florets start to crisp up.
- In a medium saucepan bring 1ltr of water to the boil, add the bulgur and simmer for 15 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water and set aside.
- For the dressing add all of the ingredients into an empty jar or bowl shake or whisk vigorously to combine. Taste and adjust salt if required.
- To assemble the salad add a handful of salad leaves between 2 bowls. In a separate bowl add the cooked bulgur and cauliflower along with the sultanas, capers and walnuts lightly fluff with a fork to distribute the ingredients.
- Share the cauliflower mix on top of the salad leaves and spoon over the dressing. Enjoy.
2 Comments Add yours
looks so delicious
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks so much ❤️