Frozen Soya Beans are so handy to have to add to salads. Unlike broad beans you don’t have to worry about peeling off the shells. We also always keep tinned pulses in the cupboard as well. The mint was from our garden and the salami was left overs too. This salad is crunchy fresh and filling, and of course low fat. The beans and mint go so well together.
- 1 tin of cannellini or butter beans
- handful of frozen soya beans
- bunch of watercress
- sprig of mint, chopped roughly
- 2 slices of salami
- 2 tbsp lemon olive oil (or plain)
- 1 Preserved Lemon, chopped
- Drain the cannellinibeans and give them a rinse. Place them in a bowl and cover with cling film. Microwave for 2 minutes.
- Once cooked add the soya beans so they thaw out using the heat from the cannellini beans. Leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Add the preserved lemon, chopped mint, olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper to the beans, stir to combine.
- To assemble the salad, add some salad leaves to a bowl (I used watercress) top with the bean mixture and tear the salami into small pieces. Serve.
One Comment Add yours
These are beautiful photos i must say