So I’m making the most of the jersey royal season. I have had them in salads with fish and thought they would be perfect in a curry as they don’t go mushy. I was right they worked perfectly in this curry. I love spices so I added all my favourites and it was so tasty.
- 2 shallots finely sliced
- 2 tbsp ghee or butter
- W garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- Thumb size of ginger, peeled and cut finely
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 8 jersey royals, quartered
- Tin of chickpeas or any beans, drained and rinsed
- 250 ml of vegetable stock
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- Bunch of kale
- Melt the ghee in a saucepan. Add the shallots and cook for 5 minutes until they are soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic and ginger, cook for a further minute.
- Add the potatoes and spices, stir to coat and cook out for a minute
- Add in your beans, stock and tinned tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
- Stir in the kale to wilt and serve. Enjoy 😊