This is really summer on a plate. I’ve had a glut of courgettes a food tomatoes which is fantastic as last year I literally only had one courgette. I tried yellow this year and they have been a massive success, the leaves were so big that I’ve had to cut some off. This is perfect for a mid week meal and it really has a comforting Mediterranean feel. You don’t need a sauce as the juice from the tomatoes, herbs and chicken. I did add a splash of water half way through. If you have courgettes and don’t want to make a ratatouille this is a great alternative. And the best thing is it’s a one pot chucked in the oven.
- 4 medium courgettes, sliced
- 10 cherry vine tomatoes, halved
- Good drizzle of olive oil
- Bunch of parsley, roughly chopped
- Bunch of thyme, leaves only
- Good sprinkle of sea salt and cracked pepper
- 2 free range chicken breast
- Half log of soft goats cheese, I used a herb one
- 6 slices of prosciutto or Parma ham
- Splash of water
- Pre heat oven to 190 degrees fan.
- In a baking dish, Chuck in the courgettes, tomatoes, olive oil, parsley and thyme.
- Give it good mix with your hands so it’s all coated.
- Lay 3 slices of the ham side ways and slightly over lapping.
- Add the chicken breast at one end of the ham and cut a little pocket with a knife. Stuff with the cheese then roll up the chicken breast in the ham to encase the chicken.
- Add the chicken on top of the vegetables and bake for 40 minutes
- Once cooked remove the chicken, wrap in foil and leave to rest.
- Add a splash of water to the vegetables give it a stir and bake for further 15 minutes.
- To serve spoon the vegetables and juices between 2 serving dishes. Place the chicken on top. Enjoy 😊