We tend to eat a lot of halloumi in our house so I am always trying to find new ways of using it. I hadn’t thought about going down the asian route before but the sweet chilli dressing worked so well with the halloumi. I am growing courgettes this year and this is one of my favourite ways of using them. I am also growing broad beans and mint which finished the salad off nicely.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 150g halloumi, sliced
- 3 courgettes, sliced into ribbons using a vegetable peeler
- 2 fresh broad bean pods, beans removed
- 10 mint leaves
- 3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- juice of 2 limes
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the halloumi and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden. Set aside on a plate.
- In the same pan add the courgette ribbons and sauté for 3 minutes so they soften and release some of their water,
- Make the dressing by adding the sweet chilli sauce and lime juice to a jar or bowl, shake or whisk to combine.
- Assemble the salad by adding the courgettes to the center of 2 bowls. Add the halloumi, mint and beans. Spoon over the dressing. Enjoy.