This recipe was inspired by a friend I visit sometimes on a Tuesday. We were talking about food and healthy living, my friend isn’t keen on lot’s of meat which gave me inspiration to try and add more veggie dishes into my diet that are healthy too. I am big on flavour so didn’t just want to have a bowl of raw vegetables, my friend mentioned she is having a dinner party this weekend and is serving a ginger puree as part of the starter. That is what inspired this salad her love of vegetables and ginger. It is so tasty and has all the flavours you need for balance, Saltiness from the mung beans, sweetness from the carrots, sourness from the lime, spiciness from the ginger and texture from the broccoli, this all brought together with a dressing that is wonderfully balanced and has the same elements as the salad. You won’t be disappointed!
For the salad
- 4 carrots cut into baton’s
- 3 broccoli florets cut into smaller pieces
- Glass Noodles
- 3 tbsp of jarred mung bean shoots or bamboo shoots
- handful of rocket
For the dressing
- 3 tbsp chilli oil (recipe here)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- The juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 thumb-sized piece of fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- Place noodles in a bowl and cover with boiled water from kettle and place a plate on top, set aside.
- Prepare your salad in a bowl with rocket on bottom and the rest of the salad ingredients on top.
- Add all of the dressing ingredient’s into an empty jar and shake vigorously until combined (can do hokey cokey dance if desired)
- Drain the noodles and rinse under cold tap to remove starch and drain, fork noodles into a circle on top of your salad and drizzle over the dressing.