So Paulie and I are being good Monday to Friday with our healthy lunches. To be honest most of the ingredients are store cupboard and can be used again for different recipes. Preserved lemons, capers, gherkins and tinned fish are a must have for us as they add so much flavour and replace seasoning. I made this one today but Paulie has made this so many times I knew what to do.
- small tin of tuna (we like in spring water as brine can be oily)
- 1 tin of black eye beans
- 6 cornichons chopped
- Tbsp capers
- 1/2 preserved lemon
- small bag of rocket leaves
- glug of lemon olive oil (can use any flavour or plain)
- crack of pepper to taste
- Tip the black eye beans into a microwavable dish, microwave for 3 mins or according to instructions on tin, stirring halfway, set aside to cool.
- Drain tuna and place in a small mixing bowl, chop the cornichons and preserved lemon into roughly the same size as the capers, tip all 3 into the tuna.
- Add your beans, a glug of lemon olive oil (around 1 1/2 Tbsp) and mix until all the ingredients are combined, taste, add more oil and a crack of pepper if needed.
- Place the rocket in a bowl and spoon over the mixture and lightly mix, serve.