Meatless Monday today. As we are more informed these days about meat I try to have at least one vegetarian and fish meal a week (doesn’t always happen) but I’ve managed it today. Chickpeas are such a good staple and thankfully nice and filling a great alternative to potatoes. They also carry on flavours so well and are so versatile.
- 1 shallot, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 25g couscous
- tin of chickpeas, drained
- 2 balls of frozen spinach (or small bag of fresh)
- 1 tbsp of oil for frying
- Salt and fresh black pepper
- Heat the oil in a lidded saucepan. Add the shallots and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute
- Add the cumin and paprika stir to coat the shallots and cook for another minute.
- Add in the stock and couscous, turn off the heat and leave for 5 minutes with a lid on.
- Give it a stir and turn on the heat again. Add the chickpeas and spinach, warm through. Season and enjoy. 😊
One Comment Add yours