Tacos are my new addiction at the moment I have eaten them out loads of times but only recently started making them myself. They are so versatile you can basically put anything you have in them. As their is only me and my hubby I thought it might be a bit of a faff but it isn’t at all and it’s well worth it. I bought the small flatbread tacos though we still ate 4 each and I could of kept going.
Ingredients (makes 6 Mini Tacos)
For the Prawns
- 12 large raw king prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1 heaped tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
For the Caramelised Peppers and Shallots
- 1/2 large red pepper, de seeded and finely sliced
- 2 banana shallots, peeled and thinly sliced lengthways
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the Avocado
- 1 avocado, flesh only
- 2 tbsp coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and roughly chopped
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tbsp mayo
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Put the prawns in a lidded bowl, container or zip lock bag. Add the taco seasoning and olive oil. Give it a good mix so fully coated. Pop in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- For the avocado crema, add all of the ingredients into a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Next make the caramelised veg. Heat the oil in a lidded pan add the shallots and peppers, give them a quick stir fry then lower the heat to its lowest setting . Put the lid on and gently simmer for 30 minutes stirring occasionally. You don’t want the veg to brown so if the pan gets dry add a splash of water. Season to taste and set aside once cooked in a bowl.
- Using the same frying pan used for veg, add another splash of oil cook the prawns for 2 minutes on each side. Set aside.
- Now is the assembling. Put your taco wraps in the microwave for one minute. Lay them out, spoon over the avocado crema, top with some of the shallot and pepper mixture, finish off with 2 prawns per taco and a wedge of lime. Enjoy 😊