Bacon, lettuce and tomato … yes please! BLT flavours are so comforting and familiar. I really fancied jazzing it up into something different. This recipe is actually quite easy. I always chuck any leftover bread in my air fryer as it’s so simple. This has everything, salty pancetta, sweet tomatoes, Smokey lettuce and a creamy garlic mayo and of course super crunchy croutons.
For the Salad
- 1 romaine lettuce, halved down the middle
- 1 Paton of bacon or pancetta lardons
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 anchovies
- Parmesan shavings
- Handful of croutons
For the Mayo
- 2 tbsp light Mayo
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- Splash of water
- Heat a dry frying pan over a medium heat. Add the bacon or pancetta and fry for 4-5 minutes until the fat renders and the lardons are crispy. Drain on kitchen paper reserving the fat.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the lettuce on the cut side up with the reserved fat from the bacon (you probably won’t need to use all of it).
- Make the dressing by adding all of the ingredients to a dish and give it a good stir to combine.
- Heat a griddle pan or turn the grill to highest setting. Once hot add the lettuce halves and chargrill for about 8 minutes until nicely charred.
- Share the charred lettuces between 2 serving plates. Sprinkle over the crispy bacon or pancetta pieces. Add the tomatoes, anchovies, croutons and few dollops of the mayo. finish off with the parmesan shavings. Enjoy 😋