Wham bam yummy lamb. This roasted lamb is soooo good. Amazing flavours with loads of herbs, garlic, lemon and mustard. You can pair this with any sides from potatoes to couscous. The other bonus is I got this heavily reduced, I usually slow roast lamb for hours but this one is ready in just an hour.
- 1 kg leg of lamb, bone in
- 6 cloves of garlic, half slivered and half chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp honey mustard, or 1/2 dijon and 1/2 honey
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Prepare the lamb by piercing the skin in small slits big enough so you can push in the garlic slivers.
- Put the lamb in a roasting pan and mix the rest of the ingredients in a bowl to form your marinade. Pour over the lamb, I give mine a good massage all over so the marinade really penetrates the meat. Put in the fridge and leave for 2 hours but as long as you can.
- Once ready to cook, bring the lamb out of fridge and leave to get to room temperature about 30-40 minutes. Preheat oven to 200 degrees (fan)
- Add a good splash of water to the roasting dish around the lamb. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes. Turn the heat down to 180 degrees (fan) and cook for another hour and half.
- Remove from oven and place on a board, cover with foil and leave to rest 30 minutes. Don’t forget to use the yummy juices in the roasting dish.