I didn’t realise how making my own salsa would taste so much better than the shop bought varieties and of course there isn’t any nasty preservatives or funky named substitutes in a homemade salsa. It is also so versatile you can add anything you want regarding the herbs and spices. This is perfect as a dip or topping. I put mine on top of some tacos and then ate the rest on some crackers.
- 8 baby plum tomatoes, chopped chunky
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 baby red pepper, white pith and seeds discarded
- juice of 2 limes
- Small bunch of parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp roasted garlic paste (optional)
- 1/2 tsp tomato purée
- Add all of the ingredients except for the tomatoes to a food processor and blitz until it forms a chunky paste like texture. If the mixture seems dry add a splash of water.
- Tip the mixture into a bowl and stir through the chopped tomatoes. Enjoy 😊