If you’ve got some leftover pork or chicken, this is delicious. This recipe has loads of flavour and it’s so quick an easy to make. You can just chuck in any vegetables you have, fresh or frozen. I used a mix of both. I was tired from a long day at work and this was perfect.
For the Stir Fry
- 1 cauliflower head, cut into florets
- 1 cup of leftover pork or chicken, chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger and garlic paste
- 1 cup of mixed vegetables, I used French beans, sugar snap peas and frozen sweet corn
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tbsp chives (optional)
- 1 lime, quartered
For the Sauce
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 4 tbsp runny honey
- 5 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sriracha
- Splash of fish sauce
- Make the marinade by adding all the ingredients into a bowl and give it a good whisk so it’s all combined. Put in the leftover meat and stir so all the meat is covered and pop in fridge while you do the rest.
- Add the cauliflower florets into a food processor. I pulse blitzed mine in a food processor so I could keep checking the texture. Once it is a rice like texture set aside. For this dish I only used half the rice so I froze the other half down.
- If you need to, cut all your vegetables into uniform pieces again set aside.
- Once everything is prepared, heat a glug of oil until hot in a wok or frying pan. Add in the ginger and garlic paste and cook for a minute. Tip in the cauliflower rice and give it good stir around for a couple of minutes. Add the veg and again stir fry for 2 minutes. Push everything to the side, add the beaten egg in the clear bit of pan and stir quickly to break up the egg, again stir so everything is combined. Finally add in the chives, pork and marinade stirring so everything is coated for a couple of minutes as you need to make sure everything is hot. Serve with some lime quarters. 😋