This is such a simple salad but delicious I cooked the rice in stock so it didn’t need a dressing I have found such a good technique which is foolproof for cooking the rice which stops it sticking together.
- 1 fillet hot smoked salmon, skin removed
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup peas I used frozen
- Give the rice a good rinse a couple of times, place in a saucepan.
- Pour the stock over the rice, bring to the boil then turn down to a simmer. Leave simmering until all the stock is absorbed, give it a stir but don’t drain or rinse.
- While the rise is still warm add your peas they will defrost in the warm rice. Set aside to cool.
- Once cooked share between 2 serving bowls and flake the salmon over the top. Enjoy 😊