We are having wild garlic pesto in everything at the moment. I don’t mind though as it’s delicious. I’m trying to be as inventive as I can to make it a bit more exciting. This vegetarian side dish was simple but so yummy all the flavours really stood out and it went perfectly with our bbq.
- 1 large aubergine, sliced about 1cm thick
- 2 tbsp of rapeseed or olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 4 tbsp wild garlic pesto (recipe here)
- 20g Parmesan shavings
- Heat a griddle pan over a high heat. Spray with some oil.
- On a plate add the 2tbsp of oil, oregano and seasoning, give it a mix to combine.
- Using a pastry brush, dip it in the oil and brush the aubergine slices on both sides so they are coated in the oil mixture.
- Place the aubergine onto the griddle and cook for 5 minutes each side.
- Transfer to a plate, dollop the pesto over the top and finish with the Parmesan shavings. Enjoy 😊