First of all spring has finally sprung here in the UK bring on some sunshine and wild garlic, I haven’t posted for a very long time as with covid the last couple of years have been a blur, as I’m working from home now it has given me some extra time to do what I love best COOK!I am back on it now and I am so excited to post my recipes, I have gone over my photos and have picked a few of my favourite recipes this one was so yummy I’m sure loads of people have been ordering food online and I did the same my favourite is the veg delivery as it challenges me to make different meals, this one was particularly delicious, healthy but nice and filling and it has really interesting flavours too, I love Middle Eastern food.
For the cauliflower
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 heaped tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 heaped tsp ruby harissa paste
- Pinch chilli flakes
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Good pinch of salt
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into florets
For the beans
- 1 tin black beans, drained and rinsed
- Splash of olive oil
- 1 large banana shallot, peeled and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp turmeric ground
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 100ml vegetable stock
- 4 sundried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Gremolata
- 1 tbsp drained capers
- Bunch of mint and coriander, leaves only
- Zest and juice of a lemon
- Handful of walnuts, lightly toasted
- 1 tbsp garlic oil (or olive)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Good pinch of salt
- Add all of the ingredients for the cauliflower into a medium bowl. Give it a whisk so it is all combined well. Add the cauliflower florets, give them a good stir so they are coated all over (I used my hand wearing a glove so I could really rub it in) place on a a baking tray lined with grease proof paper or foil and bake for 40 minutes turning over the cauliflower half way through.
- Prepare the beans by adding the olive oil to a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the shallots and cook stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes until they have softened. Add the garlic cloves and cook for another minute. Next add the turmeric and cumin seeds and stir to coat the shallots, cook again for another minute. Stir in the stock sun dried tomatoes and beans. Bring to the boil then turn off the heat.
- For the Gremolata, add all of the ingredients into a food processor and blitz to a rough consistency.
- To serve, spoon the beans onto a serving plate, add the roasted cauliflower and add dots of the Gremolata. Enjoy 😊