I love this time of year as all the cured fish and meats are available and there are usually offers too. I love smoked trout as it is more delicate than salmon. Gherkins and smoked fish go so well together and you get a lovely sweetness from the honey mustard.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 100g pack of smoked trout
- Bag of salad leaves
- 8 gherkins sliced
- 1 tbsp of honey mustard
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Mix the olive oil and honey mustard together.
- Add the salad leaves to a bowl
- Sprinkle over the gherkins and add the dressing.
- Finish by pulling apart the delicious trout. Enjoy 🙂