So I have made whipped feta before and I know beetroot and feta are a good flavour combination so I decided to blend the two together. It is more of a pate texture and tastes delicious. I love baked beetroot it adds extra earthiness and keeps all the nutrients in. I had it on toast and couldn’t get enough of it.
- Bunch of beetroot
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- Bunch of thyme
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt and pepper
- Block of feta, mine was 200g drained
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees fan. Cut the tops of the beetroot, place in a sheet of file. Add the garlic, thyme, olive oil and seasoning, give it a good rub seal the foil and bake for 30-40 minutes or until tender.
- Once cooked and cooled, peel off the skins and roughly chop.
- Place the chopped beetroot into a food processor, crumble in the feta. Blitz until you have a paste. Serve with bread or crackers. Enjoy 🙂