I love autumn and winter greens. I can’t wait for Brussels sprouts to come into season. I tend to have odds and sods leftover of greens from other recipes so this dish uses them up perfectly. You can put any greens that you have knocking about into this recipe. It is so comforting to eat even thought it is a light dinner.
- 2 boneless and skinned chicken thighs
- 4 slices of Parma ham
- Knob of butter
- 77g pack of smoked pancetta, optional
- 1 large leek, thinly sliced
- 100g of tenderstem broccoli
- 100g calvo Nero, stems removed
- 100g peas (I used frozen)
- 350ml of chicken or vegetable stock
- Fresh pepper and sea salt to taste
- For the chicken, season the chicken thighs and roll them up into 2 slices of Parma ham. I cooked mine in the air fryer for 20 minutes at 180 degrees the oven would work just as well at 200 degrees fan for 30 minutes.
- When the chicken is cooked leave to rest wrapped in foil.
- While the chicken is resting heat the butter in a frying pan. Add the leeks, pancetta and broccoli into the pan sauté until they soften about 5 minutes. Add in the stock, Calvin Nero and peas. Cover and simmer for another few minutes.
- Season to taste and serve. Enjoy