So tempeh has been around for years but it’s really just made it to the uk chain store market in the last few years it has more texture than tofu and it really soaks up the marinade. I had a grapefruit leftover from a fruit salad and thought I would make a dressing like the other citrus fruits. The slight bitterness worked perfectly.
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tsp smooth peanut butter
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- Juice of a lime
- Splash of fish sauce
- 2 tbsp kecap manis, optional
For the salad
- 1 nest of vermicelli rice noodle, cooked to packet instructions
- Pack of sugar snap peas, sliced
- 8 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- Handful of bean sprouts
- Small bunch of chives, roughly chopped
- 1 block of marinaded tempeh
For the dressing
- Reserved marinade
- Juice of a grapefruit
- Chop the tempeh into chunks. Mix the marinade in a bowl. Add the tempeh and stir to coat. Cover and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Cook the tempeh, remove from marinade and set aside the leftover marinade, I cooked mine in the air fryer for 10 minutes but grilling turning half way will be fine.
- Assemble the salad by adding all the ingredients apart from the cooked tempeh into a bowl. Add the grapefruit juice and stir to combine. Tip into the salad bowl. Toss really well so everything mixes and gets coated in the dressing.
- Serve with the tempeh. Enjoy 🙂