This is such a good way to use up leftover beef as the sauce keeps the beef nice and moist. It’s also really easy to make as it is just a one pot. I love the flavour of the mushrooms and sour cream instead of heavy cream.
- 2 banana shallots, peeled and diced finely
- 1 box of button mushrooms (200g)
- 1 knob of butter
- I garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 300ml beef stock
- 2 handfuls of leftover beef, cubed
- 2 tbsp of light cream cheese
- 1 tsp corn flour, mixed with a dash of water
- Sea salt and fresh black pepper
- Small bunch of parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan
- Tagliatelle, cooked to packet instructions
- Heat a knob of butter in a frying pan, add the shallots and mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Pour in the stock and deglaze the pan scraping up all of the bits.
- Add the cooked beef and bring to the boil
- Add in the cream cheese and cornflour slurry, bring back to the boil and then simmer until sauce has thickened.
- Serve over pasta or rice and sprinkle over the parsley and Parmesan. Enjoy 😊