I do like a BLT sandwich so I decided to make it as a salad destructed. I also used the method where you toss the croutons in the juices of the tomatoes. This salad tastes so great and it’s full of yummy flavours
- 1 slice of sourdough, roughly torn
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp finely grated Parmesan
- Pinch of salt
- 1 pack of smoked bacon or pancetta, fried to instructions
- 1 vine of cherry tomatoes
- Bag of salad leaves
- Place the sourdough in a bowl, add the olive oil, Parmesan and salt. Give it a good mix and ever cook in an air fryer at 190 degrees or an oven at 200 degrees for 10 minutes or until crispy and golden.
- While the croutons are cooking add the tomatoes to a bowl, sprinkle with salt and give them a mix so the salt makes them release their juice.
- Next fry the bacon or pancetta and tip into the tomatoes and again give it a good mix.
- Next add the croutons to the bowl and mix, leave for 10 minutes so the bread soaks up some of juices.
- Serve over a bed of salad leaves. Enjoy 😊