I usually associate duck breast with asian flavours nut I fancied something different. I also had a load of vegetables in the garden so it helped used them up and I’m trying to cut down on carbs. This was a tasty and healthy little number.
Ingredients (serves 2)
For the duck
- 2 duck breast
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp mixed dry herbs
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Good pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- Splash of Worcester sauce
For the vegetables
- A mix of vegetables chopped, I used 2 leeks, tender stem broccoli, trimmed french beans and a bunch of kale
- 300ml of vegetable stock
- 1 tsp of cornflour, mixed with a spasm of water
- Pre heat oven to 200 degrees (fan)
- In a dish add the duck marinade ingredients and give it a good stir to combine an
- Place the duck breast in the marinade and give it a good rub all over. In a cold oven proof frying pan place the duck breast skin down over a high heat and cook for 2 minutes, flip the duck and cook in the oven for 6 minutes.
- Once cooked cover with foil and leave to rest covered with foil.
- For the vegetables add them except the kale and corn flour to a lidded microwave dish cook for 5 minutes. Once cooked add the kale to soften in the residual heat and stir in the corn flour to slightly thicken the broth.
- Share the vegetables between or serving bowls. Slice the rested duck and place on top. Enjoy 😊