So for meatless Monday this week I opted for gnocchi. Also my local farm shop had gorgeous bunches of Swiss chard. For the meaty part I used mushrooms. This recipe is quick, healthy and tastes delicious. Perfect for w weekday dinner.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1/2 packet of gnocchi (175g)
- Knob of butter
- 1 banana shallot, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 250ml vegetable stock
- Small bunch of rainbow Swiss chard, stems removed and chopped and leaves torn
- 1 tbsp sage, chopped
- 100g soft or semi soft goats cheese
- Fresh pepper and sea salt to taste
- Bring a pan of water to boiling. Add the gnocchi and reduce to a bubbling simmer. Once the gnocchi start to float remove with a slotted spoon.
- In a frying pan add a knob of butter, once melted add in the cooked gnocchi and fry for a few minutes until they start to brown and crisp up. Add in the chard stems, shallots and mushrooms and cook for another few minutes until softened. Add in the garlic and cook for a further minute until fragrant.
- Add the stock and bring to a simmer, sprinkle over the chard leaves and sage. Place a lid on the pan and cook for a couple of minutes until the chard wilts. Season to taste.
- To serve. Share the gnocchi between 2 serving dishes. Crumble over the goats cheese. Enjoy.