I love saganaki as it is as oozy as mozzarella but has so much more flavour. I thought I’d pimp up by wrapping it in prosciutto. It goes well with the fresh, sweet and zingy salad. If your looking for saganaki I got mine from Waitrose and it was in the halloumi and feta area.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 4 slices of prosciutto
- 1 pack of saganaki kefalotyri cheese, 2 x 100g
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Small bag of salad leaves, I used rocket
- 1/2 a preserved lemon, roughly chopped
- 500g broad bean, shelled and tough outer skin removed
- 1 tbsp fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- Olive oil for drizzling, I used my roasted garlic oil
- Lay out 2 slices of prosciutto alongside each other. Place a square of the saganaki in the center. Wrap in the edges so the saganaki is covered.
- To assemble the salad, share the leaves between 2 serving dishes. Sprinkle over the prepared broad beans, chopped preserved lemon and mint. Drizzle over the garlic oil. Set aside.
- In a frying pan add the tbsp of olive oil over a medium heat, once hot at the wrapped cheese and cook for about 3 minutes on each side until the ham has crisped up and the cheese has melted. You can check by giving it a little push with a spoon.
- To serve, place the cooked saganaki on top of the prepared salad. Enjoy 😊