Tuna is a great store cupboard ingredient to knock up a salad, most of the ingredients came out of my cupboard which means it’s great to knock up if you forgot to plan your lunch. The dressing is salty and works well with the tuna. I cut through this with the lemon juice and zest. It’s simple but really tasty.
Ingredients (serves 2)
For the dressing
- 10 green olives, pitted I used pimento stuffed olives
- 14 black olives, pitted
- 2 large or 3 small garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 tbsp of drained capers
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Zest and juice of a lemon
For the salad
- Tin of tuna in water, drained (150g)
- Tin of chickpeas, drained (200g) as many skins removed as you can
- Little gem lettuce, chopped
- Lemon wedge to serve
- Place all of the dressing ingredients into a food processor and blitz until you have a rough texture.
- In a bowl add the tuna and chickpeas and tip over the olive mixture. Stir with fork so everything is mixed evenly. Fold through the chopped lettuce and serve with a lemon wedge. Enjoy.