Tomatoes are so amazing this time of year we are having them in salads, oven bakes and in sauces. Sea bass is another great summer ingredient so I combined the two together. This is a fresh tasty summery dinner. The fish, tomatoes and thyme really compliment each other.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 sea bass fillets, filleted and pin boned
- Fresh sea salt and black pepper
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves
- Zest and juice of a lemon
- Olive oil for frying
- Season the sea bass with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat the white wine, olive oil in a pan, bring to the boil, add the tomatoes and sugar bring back to the boil and reduce to a bubbling simmer so the tomatoes burst and the alcohol burns off.
- Add the lemon and thyme and press the tomatoes so they release their juices.
- Taste and season to taste. Ke p warm while you cook the sea bass.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in pan place the fish skin side down and brown the skin for a few minutes until crispy. Flip the fish over, turn off the heat and leave in the pan to finish off cooking through.
- To serve, place the fish on a warm serving plate, spoon over the sauce and serve with steamed broccoli or potatoes.