I love a one pan dish as it makes for a quick easy mid week dinner. Sausages make a great dinner. Instead of salsify you could use new potatoes. The mustard sauce goes so well with the aniseed from the fennel. You could chuck anything into this really I just used what I had at home to use it up.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 6 sausages
- 1 salsify, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 large fennel bulb, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 1 tsp fresh or 1/2 tsp of dried rosemary
- 1 tsp fresh or 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 250ml chicken stock
- 12 jarred peppers, I used sweet pepperdew
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Add 1 tbsp of the oil to a baking tray, place the baking tray in a cold oven then pre heat to 200 degrees fan.
- Remove the tray from the oven. Add the sausages and salsify and stir to start off browning. Place in the oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- While the sausages are baking, add the garlic, fennel, fresh herbs, seasoning, olive oil and mustard. Mix to coat all over.
- Add the coated fennel wedges in an even layer to the partly cooked sausages and salsify. Pour in the stock and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- 5 minutes from the end add in the Jarred peppers. Serve and enjoy.