When I first started making salads for work and lunch, pasta and tuna were one of the first I learned. Back then I didn’t know what a caper was whereas now I love them and we got through a jar every couple of weeks. I think tuna and pasta are such a comforting combination I love the saltiness from the capers and the background notes of oregano and lemon.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 100g whole wheat pasta, cooked to packet instructions, drained and rinsed
- 150g tin of tuna in spring water, drained
- 2 tbsp Oregano, leaves only
- 2 tbsp capers, drained
- 6 gherkins, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of a lemon
- 2 tsp honey mustard (or 1 dijon and honey)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 2 eggs
- Cook the pasta to pack instructions, drain, rinse and set aside.
- If you like semi hard eggs, place the eggs in a pan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer for 7 minutes. Drain and rinse under a cold tap to stop the cooking process.
- Place the cooked pasta, oregano, capers, gherkins and tuna in a bowl. Fold with a fork to combine.
- In a jar or bowl, add the oil, lemon juice, honey mustard, garlic and a pinch of sea salt and fresh black pepper. Pour in over the pasta and fold again to combine.
- To serve, share the pasta mixture between 2 serving dishes. Peel the eggs and slice in half. Enjoy.
2 Comments Add yours
Oh wow sounds so delicious!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks @twobrits 😊