So we had pulled lamb wraps and I had some left over tortillas. I wanted to use them up so thought I would have a go at stuffing them and frying them like the Greeks do. The result was delicious the outside was nice and crispy and the inside was warm, soft and full of flavour. It was really quick to make and really satisfying to eat. I kept it healthy by using olive oil cooking spray and wholewheat tortillas.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 tortilla wraps, I used wholewheat and seed
- 1 bag of spinach leaves, (260g)
- 1 block feta, (120g)
- 1 tsp dried mint
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Olive oil, cooking spray
- Heat a pan of water until boiling. Add the spinach leaves in 2 batches and wilt for about 30 seconds until wilted, scoop out and rinse under cold water. Once cooked squeeze as much water as you can out of the spinach. Set aside.
- In a bowl crumble the feta, add the herbs and chopped sun-dried tomatoes. Using scissors snip in the drained spinach. Toss with a fork lightly to combine and mix.
- Lay out a wrap and tip the feta mixture on top of it. Using the back of a spoon or fork, spread out the mixture towards the edges. Add the other wrap on top and press down.
- Heat a pancake or small frying pan over a medium heat, add a spray of cooking oil. Once melted add the filled tortilla with a spatula, cook for a couple of minutes or until the tortilla is browning. In one swift movement flip it over and cook for another couple of minutes. Serve by cutting into quarters. Enjoy.