Ingredients (serves 4)
- 500g leftover lamb, large chunks
- 1 onions roughly chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 sticks of celery, finely sliced
- 1 carrot, diced
- knob of butter
- 3 bay leaves
- 500ml lamb stock
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme, finely chopped (keep stalks)
- 3 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
- olive oil spray
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan and sauté the shallots and onions, along with the celery and carrot. After 5 minutes tip in the bay leaves, thyme stalks, stock and meat. Simmer for an hour.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice your potatoes and preheat your oven to 180 degrees fan. After an hour has elapsed remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the fresh thyme leaves.
- Transfer the contents of the saucepan to a suitably sized oven dish and layer neatly with the potatoes. This works best if you do a rough layer underneath, followed by a tidy layer on top.
- Spray with the oil and pop in the oven for 1 hour. After an hour turn the heat up to 200 degrees fan and cook for a further 30 mins until crispy.
One Comment Add yours