Ingredients (serves 2)
- 100g lentils
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- sprig of thyme
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp walnut oil
- 2 forkful of pickled onions (or a shallot finely sliced)
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 100g soft blue cheese, I used gorgonzola
- small bag of rocket leaves
- Pre heat oven to 200 degrees fan.
- Give the lentils a rinse and place in a pan. Add some cold water which depth is 2 times the amount of lentils. Bring to the boil then simmer with a lid for 20 minutes.
- Add the tomato halves to an oven baking dish, season with salt and pepper. Add the thyme leaves and balsamic vinegar and roast for 20 minutes.
- Once the lentils are cooked rinse under cold water and add them to a bowl. Add the garlic, walnut oil, chives, parsley and onions, mix to combine.
- To serve, Add a handful of rocket leaves between 2 plates. Add the lentils, then the tomatoes and finish off by tearing cheese chunks over the top. Enjoy.