Ingredients (serves 2)
For the tomatoes
- 2 large tomatoes
- 80g whole wheat couscous, cooked to packet instructions
- 8 green olives, roughly chopped
- 3 cooking chorizo, skins removed and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp pesto
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- seasoning to taste
For the breadcrumbs
- slice of stale whole wheat bread (any bread will do)
- 1 tbsp parmesan, grated
- 1 tsp of rosemary or oregano
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- pinch of salt
Salad to serve
- Start by scooping out and discarding the seeds and center of the tomatoes so you can fill them.
- Heat a small frying pan over medium heat. Add the peeled and chopped chorizo pieces and cook for a couple of minutes until they start to release their oils. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Fluff up the cooked couscous with a fork and add in the pesto, drained chorizo and olives. Mix to combine and season to taste.
- Pre heat oven to180 degrees (fan). Place the hollowed out tomatoes, spoon in the couscous mixture, packing it tightly so they get a decent amount of mixture inside. Sprinkle over the parmesan and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- While the tomatoes are baking. Tear the slice of bread into small breadcrumb pieces. Add the rest of the crumb ingredients and mix to coat. Spread the mixture onto a baking sheet and add to the oven with the tomatoes 8 minutes from the end so they brown.
- To serve – Add a handful of salad leaves between 2 serving dishes. Add the cooked tomato and sprinkle over the breadcrumbs. Enjoy.