So for fish Friday this week I am posting this amazing cod recipe. Miso has been a newish ingredient to me that I absolutely love. It is sweet and salty and has a great paste texture. It worked so well with the juicy cod. The butter mixture was that good that I had a dollop on the side that I dipped the broccoli into. If you are new to Miso this is such a great recipe to start with and you can use it on any white fish, chicken or on a steak.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 cod fillets
- 25g unsalted butter, left to soften to room temperature
- 2 tbsp white miso paste
- juice of a lime
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- steamed broccoli, to serve
- Heat the grill to medium.
- To make the miso butter, add the butter, miso, soy sauce, lime juice and chopped spring onions to a bowl. Using a fork mash all the ingredients together so fully combine.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in an oven proof pan over a med-high heat. Add the cod fillets skin side down and cook for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and spread the miso butter over the fillets. Place the pan under the hot grill, and grill for 4-5 minutes until the butter has caramelised and the cod is cooked through.
- Serve alongside steamed broccoli and extra butter (if you want it). Enjoy.