I love a pork chop and trying new recipes. As mushrooms are available all the time now and go so well with pork. In my green grocers they has some mixed mushrooms which was really nice for a change, my favourite will always be chestnut mushrooms as they are meaty and earthy. The honey in the sauce makes a really nice change and makes the gravy nice and light for this time of year We paired ours with in season vegetables like purple sprouting broccoli and jersey royals. Perfect mid week dinner.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 150g mixed mushrooms , sliced
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 2 large pork chops, preferably bone in
- 3 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 400ml chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
- 8 jersey royals, scrub, place in a pan of water bring to the boil and lightly boil with lid for 20 minutes
- tenderstem/ purple sprouting broccoli, steamed in microwave for 3 minutes
- Pre heat oven to 200 degrees fan
- Place butter and oil in a large heavy based frying pan over medium high heat. When the butter has melted and the oil is hot, add mushrooms, cook stirring occasional, for 3 minutes or until golden, then transfer to a bowl.
- If the pan is dry add a drizzle of olive oil. Add the pork chops and brown on each side for a couple of minutes, or until golden. Place chops in the oven for 10 minutes. Once cooked transfer to a plate and cover loosely with foil to rest and keep warm.
- Add the stock to the pan. Cook for 1 minute, scraping the bottom. Add remaining ingredients and mix.
- Simmer for 2 minutes or until it reduces and becomes like a thin syrup. Return mushrooms and chops to the sauce, to warm through. Season to taste.
- To serve, share the pork chops, potatoes and broccoli between 2 serving plates and spoon over the mushrooms and sauce. Enjoy.
One Comment Add yours