For meatless Monday and 5-2 diet we had this tasty butterbean and tomato salad. The tomatoes out there at the moment are really delicious. I am loving the yellow variety mixed with the red, its like a little bowl of sunshine reassuring summer is on its way. Basil and tomatoes are known for a match made in heaven but also love them with tarragon too its adds another dimension of flavour. This is super easy and simple but it was really tasty. As there is only 2 of us I split it into 4 and can have it twice in the week.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 400g tin of butterbeans, drained and rinsed
- 1 punnet of mixed tomatoes, quartered or halved
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp tarragon leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- small bag of spinach leaves
- good pinch of sea salt
- Place the tomatoes in a bowl and add a good sprinkle of salt. Use your hands to combine. (This will make the tomatoes to start to release their juice)
- In a food processor, combine the chopped garlic, chilli, basil, tarragon, olive oil and sherry vinegar. Blitz to combine.
- Add the butterbeans to the tomatoes, pour over the herby dressing and again mix so everything is coated.
- Share the spinach leaves between 4 bowls or lunchboxes. Finish off by sharing out the butterbean mixture. Enjoy.