I am really into miso and I think it works really well with squash and brings out the sweetness. I also love some fruit in an Asian salad like papaya or mango. This salad had lovely flavours and all the must have’s sweet, spicy, salty and sour. It worked great in my lunchbox too.
Ingredients (serves 2)
For the roasted squash
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 tbsp white miso paste
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- splash of water
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp white miso paste
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- juice of 2 limes
For the salad
- 50g udon noodles, cooked to packet instructions
- 1 papaya, peeled, seeds removed and finely sliced
- 1 baby gem lettuce
- 2 sprigs of mint, roughly chopped
- small bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp of basil, roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli sliced
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees (fan)
- Cover a baking tray with foil and add the squash. Add the coating ingredients to a jar and shake well to combine. Pour oven the squash and toss with your hands so all the chunks get covered.
- Bake in the oven for 35mins, remove add the sesame seeds and bake for a further 5 minutes.
- Make the dressing by adding all of the ingredients into a jar or bowl and shake or whisk well to combine.
- Assemble the salad by adding all the ingredients and the dressing into a bowl. Toss well to combine. Share between 2 serving dishes and top with the roasted squash. Enjoy.