So meatless Monday is upon us so I thought I would share this super salad so we get a good start to the week. I didn’t realise how much we use chickpea’s until Paulie stated he buy’s roughly 2 tin’s a week. Thank god they are healthy and good for you! I really enjoy adding spices for flavour and I love how roasting vegetables gives them a lovely sweet flavour. The tahini dressing went so well and added a real creaminess.
Ingredients (serves 2)
For the falafel’s
- 2 bunches of kale, ribs removed
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp gram flour (chickpea flour)
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tin of chickpeas, trained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp of garlic oil, recipe here
- pinch of sea salt
For the salad
- 1 large carrot, peeled and slice diagonally
- 2 beetroot’s, peeled and cut into chunks
- small bag of rocket leaves
- 1 avocado, peeled, stone removed and sliced
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp tahini paste
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- pinch of sea salt and cracked pepper
- splash of water, if needed to loosen dressing
- Make the falafel’s by adding the kale to a food processor and pulse until roughly chopped. Add all the other ingredients into the food processor and blitz to combine. Use your hands to make patties (I made 8 small-medium patties) and chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat over to 180 degrees (fan)
- Place the falafel’s and carrots on a baking tray. Add the beetroot chunks to another oven proof dish.
- Bake the falafel’s and carrots for 20 minutes and the beetroot will need another 10 minutes, 30 minutes in total.
- While the falafel’s and vegetables cool slightly, make the dressing by adding all the ingredients into a jar or bowl and shake or whisk well to combine.
- Serve the salad by adding the rocket, avocado, cooked falafel’s and vegetables and drizzle over the tahini dressing. Enjoy.