This lunch worked really well in my lunchbox and it is an easy tasty satisfying salad. Tuna rice and beans go so well together and I love the salty hit from the capers. The mustard dressing lifts all of the flavours and gives a really nice background flavour.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 80g wild rice, cooked to packet instructions
- 1 tin pole line tuna
- good handful of frozen soya beans, thawed
- good handful of frozen sweetcorn, thawed
- 2 tbsp capers, drained
- 1/4 preserved lemon, roughly chopped (optional)
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- juice of a 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp honey mustard (or half dijon + half honey)
- small pinch of salt and pepper
- Assemble the salad by adding all the ingredients into a bowl.
- Make the dressing by adding all the dressing ingredients into a jar or bowl, shake or whisk to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and lightly mix with a fork so all the ingredients become combined. Serve and enjoy.
One Comment Add yours
Reblogged this on mamabatesmotel.