Halibut is such a nice fish. We have only had fillets before however the halibut in the fishmongers was so big that he cut us off steaks. They were delicious. As they were so big we decided just to have some puree with it and of course I had to get some lemon and caper in there too.
Ingredients (serves 2)
For the fish
- 2 halibut steaks
- small buch of thyme
- olive oil
For the puree
- 200g peas (I used frozen)
- 100g spinach leaves
- handful of mint, leaves only
- 100ml of veg stock
- seasoning to taste
For the salsa
- 1 preserved lemon, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp drained capers
- 1cm anchovy paste, or 2 anchovies chopped finely
- 3 tbsp olive oil (I used thyme oil)
- if using plain olive oil, 2 tsp thyme leaves only
- Pre heat oven to 200 degrees fan. We made the puree first. Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil. Add the spinach and peas and cook for 2 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process. Roughly pat dry with a piece of kitchen paper. Add to a blender along with all the other ingredients and puree until smooth. Taste and add salt and pepper if required. Transfer to a saucepan so you can reheat when the fish is cooked.
- Heat a good drizzle of olive oil in an oven proof frying pan over a medium heat. Season the steak and rub over the thyme leaves. Add the halibut steaks to the pan and brown on both sides for around 2 minutes per side. Place the pan in the oven and bake the fish for 8 minutes or until cooked through.
- When fish is cooked leave to rest for a couple of minutes if your steak has a bone, make the salsa by adding all the ingredients to a bowl and stir to combine.
- To serve, add the re heated puree between 2 serving bowl’s, add the fish and finish off by spooning over the salsa.
3 Comments Add yours
Looks so amazing
Seems like such a great idea! Thanks for sharing with us 🙂
Thanks beafreitas it was really good 😋