I love baked beans (by that brand) and I love curry sauce. I decided to mix the 2 together it was so delicious. To make it even sexier I added on cheese and grilled it. This had everything in one bite.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1/2 banana shallot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp ground tumeric
- 1/2 tsp garam or chaat masala
- 200g tin or pot of baked beans (I used the 5 bean)
- Handful baby spinach leaves
- 50g cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 tbsp fresh chopped coriander
- 2 slices of bread
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Seasoning to taste
- Splash oil, for frying
- Pre heat grill to high
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a saucepan. Add the shallots and cook for about 5 minutes until soft. If the shallots start to catch add a dash of water.
- Add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds. Add curry, tumeric and masala powder. Give it a good stir to coat the shallots and cook for another 20 seconds.
- Add in the beans. Bring to the bubble then turn the heat down straight away. Add the spinach and pop the lid onto the saucepan, leave for a minute to wilt. Give it a stir, if it’s gone a bit dry, add a splash of water. Add in the red pepper flakes and season to taste.
- In a bowl mix the cheese and coriander together.
- Grill the bread on one side until toasted. Remove and on the un toasted side spoon over the bean mixture. Top with the cheese and coriander and pop back under grill, cook until bubbling. Enjoy 😀
One Comment Add yours