This is such a good autumn and winter side dish I use instead of coleslaw this time of year. I had with my venison burgers not that long ago. You can use it as a side with most things and it’s great in tacos.
- 1 small or 1/2 medium celeriac, peeled
- 2 tbsp fine sea salt
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise, I used light
- 1 tbsp horseradish sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Juice half a lemon
- Slice the celeriac into thin strips. Place in a bowl and add the 2 tbsp of fine salt. Give it a massage to coat the strips and set aside for half an hour.
- Next rinse the celeriac well and put in a tea towel. Squeeze as much liquid as you can out of the celeriac. Rinse and dry the bowl you salted the celeriac in and put it back in.
- In a bowl add the rest of the ingredients and give it a good mix. Add to the celeriac and mix so all the strips are coated. Enjoy 😊