I love getting creative with leftovers. This time I went down the Indian curry route. It was delicious with all the spices. The chicken stayed nice and moist and the chickpeas bulked it out nicely.
- Leftover chicken
- 2 banana shallots, peeled and sliced about 1cm thick
- 1 tbsp ginger and garlic paste
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp garam masala, separated
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 400ml chicken or vegetable stock
- Tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Tin tomatoes
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 2 tsp chaat masala, optional
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp ghee or oil for frying
- Heat the ghee or oil in a saucepan. Add the shallots and cook on a medium to high heat for about 7 minutes until nicely softened. If they start to catch just add a splash of water.
- Add the ginger and garlic paste and cook for a further minute
- Add the spices except for the garam masala stir to coat the shallots. Cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add the tomato purée, stir it in and cook for 30-40 seconds.
- Add the stock, chickpeas, chicken and tinned tomatoes bring to the boil then reduce to simmer. Add 1 tbsp of the garam masala, simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the salt, pepper and chaat masala (if using). Serve and finish off with a sprinkling of coriander. Enjoy 😊