I love Middle Eastern flavours. I was tidying up my store cupboard and at the back was half a bottle of pomegranate molasses, I was determined to use it in something so this salad was born. My friend is Israeli and she brought me back some Zaatar that her family had made. It’s delicious and I’m adding to everything one of my favourites is cheese on toast, yum.
Ingredients (serves 2)
For the Salad
- 8 mini cooking chorizo, skins removed and sliced
- Small bag of salad leaves
For the Beans
- Tin of beans, I used haricot but chickpeas would be fine, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1/2 tsp dried herbs, I used zaatar
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley leaves only
- 4 sundried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 preserved lemon, roughly chopped
- Seasoning to taste
- To make the beans. Add the molasses, vinegar and olive oil into a jar or bowl shake or whisk to combine. Add the rest of the ingredients into a bowl. Pour over the dressing and toss to combine.
- Heat a frying pan with no oil. Add the chorizo and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Add the salad leaves between two serving bowls. Spoon over the bean mixture and top with the chorizo. Enjoy 😊